Correctional Health Services Administrative Leadership Development Program
To improve the performance of health services in corrections for the benefit of inmates and their families; county, state and federal health systems and community public health.
To enhance the competencies and professionalism of the administrative leadership of correctional health services by establishing the first accredited on-line master’s degree in correctional health services administration that will be the recognized credential in the field.
• To define essential competencies and knowledge
• Provide employing authorities (sheriffs, counties, cities, states, and companies) with a basis for recruitment and evaluation.
• Attract motivated people to a career that offers opportunities to make a significant contribution
• Provide recognition and status to professionals who earn and merit recognition for the competencies they bring to the corrections system
• Involve the leadership of the field in shaping and promoting the program
American Correctional Association